Tuesday 17 July 2012

God has not given us a spirit of fear by Minister Prudence July 2 issue 4 Vol 2


God has not given us a spirit of fear. 2 Timothy 1 Vs 7

Just about the time I was planning to attend a family member’s wedding Danna airline crashed in Lagos from Abuja. Immediately I saw the news I called my brother the Monday morning I called my brother who had already gathered information from me to purchase my ticket.

When he picked my call, I told him what I had seen on the news.  He confirmed it was true and that it’s one of those things; went further to say I am actually on my way to purchase your ticket; have you changed your mind?

Be honest with me, what would your state of mind be?  though my response was no. It was at that point that fear kicked in.  Weeks before this encounter,   For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1 vs. 7 King James Version (KJV) kept coming through my mind, in church.

Whilst in Nigeria I attended service on the 8/07/12 the topic for Sunday school was on perverseness.The teacher mentioned that paedophiles, homosexuals ... have developed this boldness to spread their deeds. My spirit returned to the same scripture “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” I was much convicted in my spirit.  In terms of the boldness that God has given to us believers to preach against perverseness appeared to be sliding away in the form of political correctness. God opened my eyes and mind and really ministered to me that fear is not of God.

I therefore announce to you Sisters, mothers, and friends that fear is not of God.
Is it not the same fear that is instill on kids after being abused by adult that they know; that allows them to be silent; rather than them boldly tell someone that they have been abused so that something can be done about it at an earlier time? Let us examine Genesis 19 to the end. These issues appeared to have been unspoken of, I must confess that this was the first time in my entire Christian life that this scripture have meant so much to me this is why I cannot keep it to myself.  

Be encouraged with 2 Timothy 3 vs. 13-17
"13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
There is many times where I have spoken boldly about perverseness especially dealing with paedophiles, homosexuals..... "

We serve a loving God and some of the things that God does not like is demonstrated in Genesis 19. - These girls had suitors before this act or perverseness occurred; they loss their suitors, their mother turned in to a pillar of salt, finally they ended up sleeping with their Dad.

Satan presents us with situations that appeared to be too big for God to handle. The plan crash would have stopped me from achieving all the good things, experiences I had whilst in Nigeria. I was also able to share with my fellow Christians about poverty that have led many children into being abused sexually in single sex schools where kids of rich parents will offer poor kids with gifts to lure then in to perverted sexual relationships,   Also; some one man charities that have opened homes for poor kids and used that as an opportunity to repeatedly abuse them and in some cases have end up in death.

What does this have to do with women? There are several evidences where girls have trusted adults that are in authority over them; these adults have abused their authorities in introducing relationships that are unhealthy to them. On hearing the undiluted word of God; as described in Hebrews 4 vs. 12 having became christians some women are still engulfed in fear to trust again; they bottle up their past exposure and experiences and this leads them to have problems in their relationship with their spouses. children other christians and work colleagues.
Relationship problems do not just come out of the blue; failing to testify or address these issues due to fear is what is giving the perverts boldness to continue their acts.

The good news is that making 2 Timothy 1 vs.7 our daily confession “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind", will help to bring to remembrance  that which God has in store for us. I pray that when we are faced with a situation where we need to speak with boldness, God himself will put words in our mouth that will encourage others rather than discourage and God’s name will be glorified.

Jeremiah 1:4-10 (New Century Version) says the following:

"4 The LORD spoke his word to me, saying:5 "Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you.Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work.I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."6 Then I said, “But Lord GOD, I don’t know how to speak. I am only a boy.” 7 But the Lord said to me, “Don’t say, ‘I am only a boy.’ You must go everywhere I send you, and you must say everything I tell you to say. 8 Don’t be afraid of anyone, because I am with you to protect you,” says the LORD. 9 Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth. He said to me, "See, I am putting my words in your mouth. 10 Today I have put you in charge of nations and kingdoms. You will pull up and tear down, destroy and overthrow, build up and plant."

So my dear sisters be bold and be strong for the Lord our God is with you!  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Women of God,

    Attached is a powerful ministration that is power packed with thought provoking issues...
    Please read and be blessed.


    God Bless
    Minister Aije

    ReplyDelete