Monday 30 May 2016

The sixth letter from Jesus, shared by Aije Barnes, May 5, Issue 2, Vol 6

The Faithful Church 

“And to the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Philadelphia write: These are the words of the Holy One, the True One, He Who has the key of David, Who opens and no one shall shut, Who shuts and no one shall open: [Isa. 22:22.] I know your [record of] works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My Word and guarded My message and have not renounced or denied My name. Take note! I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews and are not, but lie–behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet and learn and acknowledge that I have loved you. [Isa. 43:4; 49:23; 60:14.] Because you have guarded and kept My word of patient endurance [have held fast the lesson of My patience with the expectant endurance that I give you], I also will keep you [safe] from the hour of trial (testing) which is coming on the whole world to try those who dwell upon the earth. I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one may rob you and deprive you of your crown. He who overcomes (is victorious), I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God; he shall never be put out of it or go out of it, and I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which descends from My God out of heaven, and My own new name. [Isa. 62:2; Ezek. 48:35.] He who can hear, let him listen to and heed what the Spirit says to the assemblies (churches).” ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:7-13‬ ‭AMP‬‬

What a promise to those Christians who hold fast to God's word! 

The secret to a victorious walk with God is to guard and keep God's word of patient endurance. This is a powerful word and carries a lot of weight. For me it reads that your endurance needs to be patient. That is, in your suffering or troubles, be patient. Don't give up. 

This letter of Jesus to the church in Philadelphia is as relevant to us now as it was to them then. 

You will note how Jesus introduced himself to this church. He said he the Holy One, the True One, He Who has the key of David, Who opens and no one shall shut, Who shuts and no one shall open: 

Jesus also said that he knows their work and what they are doing. These were not lazy Christians; they were busy doing the work of God. You will also note that this was not trouble free. They went through difficult things and times that sapped their strength and challenged the core of their faith. But they did not deny or denounce Jesus's name. They continued to believe in him and stood their ground. 

Jesus, Who is the Holy One and the True One, has called us to holiness and to hold fast to him who is the Truth. He knows and is fully aware of our struggles and the challenges we face as Christians both internally and externally, spiritually and physically. This is why he gave us his word of patience and endurance. Patience, because it will take a while to walk through the door he has already opened for us and endurance, because that walk is not trouble free.  Jesus said he has the key of David. When I wondered what that meant, I remembered God referring to David as the man after His heart. I remembered also how David's walk with God was not trouble free either. I have never known a king who has had so much trouble in his life like King David. Yet what was his response? 

He drew closer to God. He trusted in God; he longed and yearned for His presence; he knew the God he served and saw God's deliverance and faithfulness come through for him time and time again. When he sinned, he didn't give up; he repented and returned to God. When the answers to King David's prayers did not come straight away, he hung in there, worshiped God continually, and encouraged himself in the Lord knowing the what God says, He does. David knew that God is faithful to those who put their trust in Him. God saw King David's heart and attitude to Him and loved him greatly and still does. Through patience and endurance David, the little shepherd boy, who was anointed King of Israel as a child, was eventually crowned King of Israel in the place of King Saul who had tried several times to take his life.  David held fast to God's word and was victorious. 

The Lord also reminded me of Ephesians chapter 6, where we are asked to put on the whole amour of God. Here it is: 

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—”‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:10-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

If we hold fast to our faith in God's word, Jesus has promised that he will keep us safe from the trouble that is coming on the whole world to test the world. Jesus said he will come quickly and we must 'hold fast what we have, so that no one may rob us and deprive us of our crown. He who overcomes (is victorious), I (Jesus) will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God; he shall never be put out of it or go out of it, and I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which descends from My God out of heaven, and My own new name.'

This is a call to all children of God to have patient endurance. 

May the Lord give us the grace to be faithful to him just as King David was,  so much that acquired him the name 'a man after God's heart' 

He Grace is sufficient and His strength is made perfect in our weakness.  Hold fast. 

Shalom

1 comment:

  1. Dear friends,

    This sixth letter from Jesus, calls for patient endurance. The Lord has a lot in store for those who are victorious. This Christian walk is not easy, but we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Please click on the link above to read his letter to you

    Shalom
    Aije x

    ReplyDelete