Sunday 1 April 2012

Don't Give Up part 2 by Aije Barnes Asst Group Pioneer


In part 1, we were reminded that God does not lie. We were also encouraged to learn from the mistakes of the children of Israel who because of unbelief, did not inherit God's promises but died in the wilderness.
  The bible says: For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. (Romans 15:4 NIV)

I will now share with you the truth that will give you the hope and strength to carry on and obtain God's promises. It will set you free and enable you inherit the abundant life that Jesus has already given you.

Do you know that when Jesus walked upon the earth not everyone was healed?  Even though He fed the five thousand and on another occasion  four thousand, there were still many who were hungry?


I will expand briefly on the two examples given above. Remember the lady with the issue of blood? (Mark 5 ) In her heart she said "if only I could touch the helm of His garment, I will be healed". This women had an embarrassing problem, the Lord who created her, knew her illness. There were also a lot  of people in the crowd that day - even pressing against Jesus who were like this women but with different illnesses only God knows, maybe some women with the exact same issue, all pushing against against Jesus. God knew their situation too.

They like this women, had heard Jesus preached, healed and delivered different people in different ways but this woman was different.  Jesus felt this difference and it drew power from Him. Jesus asked "who touched me?" His disciples felt this was a very strange question as He was surrounded by so many people pushing against him but only one drew power from Him.

 The bible actually says: "...As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. (Luke 8:42 NIV). However the one who drew power from Him, only touched the helm of His garment! So, what made her different? She believed in her heart took a stepof faith. This action drew power from the Lord! This is what the bible says: "because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed."...Then she did and "He (Jesus) said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." (Mark 5:28, 34 NIV).
Aije Barnes



"

You see, all those people pressing against Jesus who did not receive from him, demonstrated works but had no faith. The woman had both and drew power from God that set her free from her suffering!

I would like to share the following testimony to encourage you is as an example of an action you can take once you take the first step of believing.

I recently took the decision to take voluntary redundancy in an economic climate where it is very  difficult to find a job. The circumstances were dire that for one job vacancy where you would normally have 4 applicants, you will now get nearly 200! However I felt this was the right thing to do and decided to step out in faith believing that with God, there is nothing impossible He will provide.

A month after being made redundant, I started to ask the Lord to make provision for me as it became a real need. I then began thanking Him for answering my prayers even though I had no idea how He was going to provide. I thanked Him daily for His provision.

 One week later, I told my children whilst I was dropping them off at school, that I could feel so much joy in my spirit and I that I could feel something good was going to happen that day. My joy was so great I could not stop praising the Lord and thanking him. When I got home, I got my first client booking and in the evening I received a phone call headhunting me for a senior managerial role on a salary that is much higher than what I was on before! Of course I said yes please!! Praise God!!! I  then went a step further by asking the Lord and thanking Him forHis  favour throughout the interview process and declaring by faith  the handover and start date. And  it was exactly so! Did God keep His promise? Absolutely! Glory to God!




This brings me to my second example about some being left hungry even though Jesus fed so many.

The reason for this still happening today is found in the parable of the sower. There was nothing wrong with the seed. The success of its potential was dependent on the type of place it fell. So it is with the word of God. What you do with it will determine how effective it will be for you.

Don't let your heart be harden or allow the enemy to deceive you with lies and rob you of your blessings and God's promises. Finally don't ever feel your circumstances are so impossible and hopeless that God's promises are for someone else.The bible says: "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45 NIV)" and "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. So through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV)" Always remember "He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, (1 Chronicles 16:15 NIV)"

Dear sister if you want your undesirable circumstances to change to the desirable, it is time for you to take action and draw power. Be encouraged and Don't give up! Take that step of faith !!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think its over? it not over yet until God say so. Be encourged with the above testimony of faith

    ReplyDelete