Monday 12 March 2012

It's your test not mine – March 3, issue 46 By Minister Tayo Olajide

Come on ladies there's a ladder to climb, there's a height to be at and a new level to attain. There’s also a test to pass.  People come our way, Situations occur, we even go through an experience of a life time or end up in a place where we were not supposed to have been -many times it is for a purpose.

At a certain time during these moments, a trial could come or a storm but how do we handle it?Everyone has to go through this test of life to move to another higher level and in this test someone or something else has to be involved in the challenge.

Almost a year ago I had financial challenges which affected my accommodation; I consulted a Christian brother to help in remortgaging my property. The gentleman knew my needs, my vulnerability and took every advantage. He collected a fee, gave appointments and was hardly there when I turned up. I would wait sometimes or had to reschedule appointments. He manipulated my mind. It got to a time I had to question myself if I was sane.

The man had two offices which were average of twenty miles away, I remember very well he asked me to meet him at office "A" and on getting there as usual, he was not in the office. I called him and he told me that he was in the other office and asked that I should make my way to office "B". This was another journey and unfortunately for me there was a lot of traffic on the way.  On getting to office "B", I was told he had just left. When I called his phone again he told me he had waited for me and he had other important things to do. I asked (begged) him to come back to the office. Whilst talking to him he said he had an incoming call then he put me on hold. After waiting for a long time I decided to cut the phone since my credit was running.
My sisters I called him back for more than eight times, imagine me by then - the travelling, cost, time, frustration, anger, the devil rising in me.

 I will never forget the time and place, I burst out crying, I sobbed, I screamed, I called on God!!! In my car parked in a McDonald’s parking space. After all the display and a result of headache I heard
very clear a voice saying " it’s his test, not yours". Wow! Peace came to me but at the same time, fear for the man.

 God puts us in positions whereby we are receivers or givers; it happens both ways for the person being tested and tester. He had his test but did I pass mine? We all go through challenges but how we handle it determines the length of time to get to the top of this ladder. Our pertinence could be tested, how we manage our anger, our response to giving, or the words that come from our mouth, how we handle the position given to us, our reactions to each other. The pride, the weakness, the addictions, the habits. In short our daily life style. Our children could be our test, our husbands, and the people around us. The way in which you respond could extend the length of the ladder.

In the bible, only two out of a whole generation from children of Israel went into the promise land because of the way they responded to God's promise to inherit the land He had promised them. For this reason, it took another forty years before the new generation entered into the promise land led by the two men - Joshua and Caleb. Even Moses did not enter the promise land because of the way he negatively responded to God's command - by being angry and frustrated and with that attitude ended up disobeying God.

Our relationship with God is very important, God is a jealous God. He wants us to trust in Him and all the Glory must belong to him.  Ask the Father first and let Him who is God have His way. Did I rely so much on man? Was that my test? Perhaps I had to learn to trust in God alone? Jonah still had to pass his test despite his reluctance.

1 Corinthians10 31-33; so whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offence to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please  everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many , that they may be saved.

Romans 12:2 do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

May the testing time be shorter than the length of the ladder.

Is your ladder at your eye level or way up there? Let’s get to the next level. The ladder has to be climbed,  yokes have to be broken, time has to be caught and wings have to fly. There’s no time for extra luggage or burden - lay it down! Let’s pass this test! His grace is sufficient for us and His strength is made perfect in our weakness!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Woman of God,

    Some times in life we will go through various tests. The way you repond to these tests will determine not only the outcome, but also how long it will take you to reach your goals. May the Lord bless you as you read this powerful ministration.

    God Bless!

    Minister Aije

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Woman of God,

    Some times in life we will go through various tests. The way you respond to these tests will determine not only the outcome, but also how long it will take you to reach your goals. May the Lord bless you as you read this powerful ministration.

    God Bless!

    Minister Aije

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is power packed may my test be short i don't know how much i can bear

    ReplyDelete